FINE ARTS FESTIVAL
April 7-8 // Destiny Christian Center, Rocklin
$30/student for 2 categories*
$5 /extra category
SATURDAY, APRIL 8
9 AM — Morning Session Begins
9:15 AM — Entries Begin
12 - 1 PM —Lunch Break
1 PM — Entries Resume
3 PM — Breakout Session
4 PM — Closing Ceremonies
5:30 PM — FAF Concludes
FRIDAY, APRIL 7
5 PM—Registration & Check-in Opens
7 PM — Opening Session
7:30 PM — Entries Begin
10 PM — FAF Day One ends
*The $30 price lasts until March 24. Any registrations after March 24 will be $45. Any registrations after March 31 will not be accepted.
What is Fine Arts Festival?
Fine Arts Festival is a discipleship tool of NCN Student Ministries designed to help students discover, develop and deploy their ministry gifts. This is done by providing a space where Jr. High and High School students can perform or exhibit their talents and art to qualified adjudicators who will then provide constructive feedback for students. Students will also have the opportunity to receive an invitation to the National Fine Arts Festival, held this year from August 7-11 in Anaheim, CA, where they can compete for scholarships and receive even more feedback to help develop their talents for ministry. More details about National Fine Arts below.
How To Register and Plan For NCN Fine Arts
- Register Here. Each church needs to be registered online by their youth pastor, but the paper forms need to be filled out and sent to email@example.com or physically to ATTN: Student Ministries, 6051 S Watt Ave., Sacramento, CA, 95829. Any registrations emailed or postmarked after March 24 will have a $15 fee added to EACH entrant. Any registrations emailed or postmarked after March 31 will not be accepted.
- ALL WRITING SUBMISSIONS must be emailed or mailed directly before FAF begins! Any Writing Category submission received after Friday at 6pm will not be judged, and no refunds will be given. Please refer to the Rulebook for specific instructions on how to format your writing entry.
- ALL ART SUBMISSIONS must be physically turned in by 9am on Saturday, April 8. Any Art Category submission received after Saturday at 9am will not be judged, and no refunds will be given. Please refer to the Rulebook for specific instructions on how to format your entry.
- Read over the Rulebook! Your students performances and scores are effected by the rules. Get to know them. You can download it here
- Watch this YouTube playlist of previous National winners for inspiration
- Plan a mini-Festival at your church so your students can practice their performances in front of a crowd.
- Book a Hotel
- Arrive early, be ready to start on time, and please note the new rules about entries that include music!
- Enjoy the Festival!
- For any questions, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 916-379-9600 ex.1128
New To 2017 District Fine Arts
- The following is a new rule that applies to every category that includes music in the presentation. Students must follow this rule if their presentation includes music. This new rule reads: Before beginning the presentation, participants must introduce their music selection(s) by stating the title(s), name of the artist/composer, and arranger(if known). If the piece was composed or arranged by the student, that should be stated. Introductory comments DO NOT count toward the setup or presentation time limits. These comments must be minimal (not an opportunity for other comments like a testimonial or any justification for choosing the song(s), 15 to 20 seconds is sufficient). Please follow this example: "Hello, my name is (or) our group name is ________ and I/we have chosen to use "Here as in Heaven" by Elevation Worship (and song #2, and song #3) for our presentation."
- There are significant changes in the "Content" section of the rulebook. Please read page 19 of the rulebook.
- The following categories have had rule changes:
Songwriting - rules regarding accompaniment
Christian Band - rules regarding originality
- There are new rules for conducting/directing in the Vocal Ensemble categories. Please see the rules.
- Piano Solo, Classical is now an official category in the Instrumental Division.
- Instrumental Solo, Folk is now an official category in the Instrumental Division.
- Instrumental Ensemble, Folk is now part of Instrumental Ensemble, Contemporary.
- There is NO theme to adhere to this year.
2017 National Fine Arts
The Location for the 2017 National Fine Arts Festival is Anaheim, CA
- Dates: August 7 - 11, 2017
- Location: Anaheim Convention Center, 800 W Katella Ave, Anaheim, CA 92802
- Website: www.anaheim.net/1117/Anaheim-Convention-Center-Arena
- Housing: Please visit www.faf.ag.org/registration.cfm. Housing will open October 1, 2016.
- Registration and Deadlines: the postmark/fax deadline is May 19, 2017. Online registration closes at 11:59 pm. (CDT) on June 2, 2017. Visitwww.faf.ag.org/registration.cfm. See pages 12 through 14 for complete detailed information.